Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Obama

Obama: GOP Doesn't "Get To Demand Ransom In Exchange For Doing Their Jobs"

PRESIDENT OBAMA: I also told [Speaker Boehner] that having such a conversation, talks, negotiations, shouldn't require hanging the threats of a government shutdown or economic chaos over the heads of the American people. Think about it this way, the American people do not get to demand a ransom for doing their jobs. You don't get a chance to call your bank and say, 'I'm not going to pay my mortgage this month unless you throw in a new car and an Xbox.' If you're in negotiations around buying somebody's house, you don't get to say, 'well let's talk about the price I'm going to pay, and if you don't give me the price I'm going to burn down your house.' That's not how negotiations work, that's not how it happens in business, it's not how it happens in private life. In the same way, members of Congress and the House Republicans in particular don't get to demand ransom in exchange for doing their jobs. 

Obama: I Won't Negotiate with GOP 'Extremists'

 208 
 

Barack Obama: A Divider, Not a Uniter

Obama's biggest failing has been his inability to build relationships and make deals on Capitol Hill.

 

No comments: