Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Most powerful writer?


Tuesday, October 27, 2009


'Barack Obama is the most powerful writer since Julius Caesar' [Kathryn Jean Lopez]

This, from the president's chairman of the National Endowment for the Arts. Scott Johnson goes to town, in response.

Rocco Landesman, the NEA chairman, said, in part:

This is the first president that actually writes his own books since Teddy Roosevelt and arguably the first to write them really well since Lincoln. If you accept the premise, and I do, that the United States is the most powerful country in the world, then Barack Obama is the most powerful writer since Julius Caesar. That has to be good for American artists.

More from Landesman here. Commentary from NRO writers here and here.

— This post has been updated since its original posting to include more links and information.

10/27 08:54 AMShare

KN: He should ask Bill Ayers.

I find it surprising that some people who call
themselves "moderate" are

single issue(maybe two) self interest only,(me,me,me)
big government Liberals.

But I respect everybody's opinion, I just may not agree with them.

No comments: